Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year

Okay I know I'm a few days late. But after reading other bloggers posts this weekend I thought I should document some of my accomplishments and challenges of 2009 as well as goals for 2010. And this may sound a bit choppy as it was written over several days. Ironically my accomplishments and challenges are sometimes somewhat the same. 1. I made it another year being a mommy to 2 young children!!! Aiden is now potty trained during the day which to my surprise only took a few days really(Accomplishment!) He is also very independent and becoming quite demanding and learning how to throw some major fits (Definately a challenge, but I know its all part of his normal development). Evan is becoming quite the coureous little guy and doesn't seem to be scared of much of anything (accomplishment as well as challenge, especially when he is so quick to climb on kitchen chairs, tables, changing tables, ect). Again the accomplishment is that he's made it 15 months without a hospital visit or stiches, the challenge is trying to be a step ahead of the little guy as he doesn't like it much when someone tries to redirect him once he's already found his desination:). Aiden and Evan play together a lot more now again both an accomplishment and challenge since sometimes Aiden doesn't want to share, and often there play ends up in being a tackling match--I definately think I have a couple of football players on my hands, although I'm going to do my best to steer them towards cross country:) easier for a mommy watch a son run that get tackled:) But I'll support whatever they choose of course 2. Professionally, 2009 was an up and down year for me. It started out pretty rocky with getting reprimanded for what I thought was doing my job and what was ethical for the clients I served. But again having not had this challenge I may not have learned how much I was really appreciated in the community, and by my clients, as it ended up another agency went to bat for me and got the grant funding so now I continue to do the same job for an agency that respects me. Ironically as the close of the year I received a phone call from the Director of outpatient services about sending referrals my way. I took it as a huge compliment although he was not responsible for any part of my leaving it was reassuring that the agency I left still respected me professionally. 3. Spiritually, 2009 marked the year anniversary of Nathen and I being at home with a Church. We made going to church a prioriority shortly before the arrival of Evan, and its very rare that we don't attend. Its such a blessing that we found a place to call home. If you are ever in the Manhattan area on Saturday evening or Sunday morning I encourage you to check out University Christian Church. With having a church home and the daily devotions from my mom I've made improving my Spiritual health a priority for 2010. Because I feel if I'm healthy in that sense everything else will follow.. Which brings me to my new years resolutions, please God give me the patience and motivation to keep them. Resolution 1: Read my Bible daily 2: Spend quality time with Nathen 3. Be patient with my sons, and not to sweat the little things 4. Accept that I'm not perfect, and that is OKAY, and by the way NORMAL--NO ONE IS PERFECT EXCEPT GOD (I'm not yelling at my fellow blog readers but just making a point to myself:) 5. Be more physically healthy by eating better, and excersising more. I'm really not interested in loosing weight just feeling better. Well that is it for now, again I apologize if this came across as a bit choppy, I started writing it last night, but couldn't finish it until now.

No comments: