Sunday, July 27, 2008

Zoo Trip and Preparation for Big Brotherhood!!

We have had quite the busy week this past week. On Wednesday Aiden and I joined our Parents as Teachers group to a field trip to the Topeka Zoo. Aiden's buddy James, and my friend Jenny rode with us, so that may the trip easier for everyone involved. Aiden absolutely loved the zoo and enjoyed spending time with Nana who met us there. We saw many cool animals, but after 2 hours we decided to go to the park for a picnic lunch eventhough we didn't get through everything. Aiden also enjoyed the train ride around the park. He had so much fun and was so excited about the days adventures that he didn't take a nap that day, but you would not have known it by his mood...he was as happy as could be until he crashed that night!!! Below are some (not many, I didn't realize how few pictures I was able to take due to Aiden moving non stop!!) pictures of our fun day at the zoo and time w/ Nana.
The past several weeks we've also been trying to prepare Aiden for his Baby Brother's arrival. My belly is getting quite large, and Baby Brother is quite active so I think Aiden understands that there is a baby in my belly. Every night before he goes to bed he gives my belly a hug, waves good night, and tonight he put his pacifier in my belly button for his Baby Brother----too cute!. Nathen and I think he's going to be a great big brother. As for other preparations we don't have a whole lot to do since we are having another boy, but we have already pulled the boxes of infant clothes out of the storage room, so now I just have to organize the boys' dresser. It doesn't seem that long ago that I was boxing up newborn clothes!!!
Well that is all for now. Enjoy the photos!
The boys take a brief break (about 15 seconds) to check out the monkey on the bench. Aiden gives his buddy James some pointers on how to get the wooden girraff off the fence...they came very close to shaking the poor thing off. I'm telling you 2 15 month old boys have the strength of 2 15 year olds!!! Aiden waits patiently with Nana for some goats to come to him at the petting zoo. Okay its not a zoo pic but I just had to share it... Aiden does pull ups with daddy now every night after his bath.

No comments: