Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Another week gone by.....

and more changes and new skills that Aiden has learned. I knew that babies changed quickly, but I had no idea how quick they are able to master new skills. Aiden can now sit up without support, he shared this new discovery with us this past weekend, and since then he's really gotten good at it. Although I still hover and spot him just in case he tips over, he's still pretty wobbly, but can definately support himself without our help. Another change we noticed this weekend is all his drooling has paid off, he has his first tooth!!! Nathen actually discovered it first while Aiden was nawing on his thumb Saturday. Fortunately I have not noticed it when Aiden is nursing. We were also given the okay by his Dr to give him oral gel for his teeth and gum pain, because tylenol doesn't really seem to alleviate the pain. The first time we gave it to him Monday night, he was not too much of a fan of the new numbing sensation, but I tried it again today, and he seems to prefer the numbing feeling to the pain, and didn't fuss as much as he did Monday night. It's amazing to me that in almost 4 short months he's adjusted to the world so well. He came into the world with only reflexes, and now he's able to let his needs to be known by his facial expressions (pouty lip--its really cute and I'm guilty of laughing when I see it), gestures (rubbing his eyes), babbling, cooing, and laughing. Everything has become easier for him it seems. I remember the first bath being quite the task for both me and Nathen as well as Aiden, now he loves getting bathed, and its just part of our day, not a major task. And the first public bathroom diaper change, was a nerve racking experience, I was praying please Aiden don't cry, and now I know I can handle whatever he does. I guess I've become more comfortable with my new world as well. Okay sorry for the philisophical editorial. Now for the stuff you guys love so much some pictures along with my Aiden commentaries!!!:) "This sitting up thing is pretty easy mom, once you finally let go of me!!!!" "Wow that ceiling fan sure is cool, and so is hanging out and relaxing with daddy"

"I wonder how I can make this swing go by myself". Aiden at the park today, he didn't seem to enjoy the swings as much as he did last week. But we ran into someone that I knew and she was watching her neice and nephews, and Aiden really enjoyed watching them play, and and I of course had fun showing him off to my friend.

"Hey Mom, Aunt Sheldi is pretty cool, but where are my fun cousins?". My sister, Sheldi visited us this morning while Nana watched cousins Hannah and Susanna. Sheldi was able to get some good cuddle and snuggle time with Aiden, which he loved!

No comments: