Friday, May 18, 2007

Mother's Day and More!!

This week has been another of many firsts for our family. We celebrated my first mother's day, and I could not have asked for a better day. We enjoyed the day at my folks and were able to spend time with them and my sister, brother in law and neices. Aiden also had a few firsts this week--yesterday he had his first blow out diaper--I know pretty disgusting, but still a first:) He even caught a total strangers attention Wednesday at lunch---it was pretty funny, mom and I were eating lunch at a pizzeria and there was only one other patron who was sitting across the way, and he commented on Aiden's gas--he let one go that was pretty loud, we shared a laugh about it and were thankful we were not in a 5 star resturaunt, and the other patron was so friendly about it (fortuantely he had finished his lunch by the time Aiden showed off his flatulence) Aiden has also begun to smile at people with meaning, and not gassiness. He smiled at Nathen's dad earlier this week, and I guess it made his day, and yesterday he smiled at Nathen's mom a few times while she watched him so I could go on a walk. Of course Nathen and I are getting a lot of smiles from him. It's been really fun this week as Aiden's personality is blooming. Another first for Aiden was he moved into his crib, he outgrew his cradle--he kept hitting his arms on the side which often woke him. He loves his crib, he looks so tiny in it though.
I think Aiden is going through a growth spurt, he's not sleeping as well as he was. Tuesday night he was up every 30 minutes to hour and ate each time. Fortunately, I'm lucky enough to have family close by and called my mom Wednesday morning to see if she could come up and help with Aiden so I could get some rest. Of course she jumped at the job, she loves being a mommy and a nana. I wonder how people do it who do not have the family support we have. Hopefully we will settle into a routine, and grandparents can just visit and not have to pick up caretaking duties like my mom did Tuesday. But man, it was nice to get a 3 hour block of sleep in while she was here. Aiden did better sleeping last night but is still not back where he was a few weeks ago (sleeping 3-4 hours), he's waking every 2 hours or so. My goal is to have him sleeping at least 4 hours at a time at night before I go back to work. But he will really be in charge of any routine we have:)
We hope you enjoy pictures
Aiden enjoys snuggle time with Grand dad Banker on Mother's Day. Uncle John holds Aiden on Mother's day, you can kind of see a small smile on Aiden's face while he looks at John.
Aiden enjoys some play and snuggle time with Aunt Sheldi and Uncle John on Mother's Day. Aiden's cousins Hannah and Susanna enjoy play time at Nana's and Grand dads on Mother's Day. Mom and dad got some great deals on play equipment at their community garage sale. I cant wait until Aiden gets older and can play with his cousins more.
Monday, Aiden sported his KU onesie (while it still fits:) Sheldi, Hannah, Susanna and my mom visited so they were able to capture a few smiles of Aiden and I.
Monday evening we were visited by Nathen's mom, brother, and nephew Eian. Grandma and Eian enjoy watching Aiden's expressions.

No comments: