Friday, May 11, 2007

Aiden is 1 month old!!!

I know I know I have not been very good about updating this lately. My goal was to provide updates at least weekly, but man I didn't know how busy I would be. But thought I would update it since Aiden is now a month old. I can not believe how fast the time has flown by. I've not done a very good job of capturing kodak moments but have included a few pics that I took this evening to share with you. I'm hoping that I'll get in the habit of taking pictures at least weekly so I can have them for Aiden's scrapbook (something that I've started, but the last pictures I've put in there is of his sonogram!!!)
Aiden had his 1 month appointment yesterday and he now weighs 9 lbs 2 oz, yes he has gained over 3 lbs since we left the hospital and has grown 3 inches making him now 22 inches long. I was shocked when I saw the scale go up to 9 lbs and then past. We are so lucky that our little guy has taken to nursing so well, and I'm relieved that my milk is getting him what he needs. He is sleeping pretty well at night, getting up only about 2 times per night. A few nights ago he worried me though because he slept for about 4-5 hours before I woke him up to feed him. I asked the Dr how long is too long to let him sleep between feedings and he said he could sleep up to 6 hours, and since he's gained weight so well, I think I'll sleep a bit better if he does sleep past 4 hours, and consider myself very lucky:) I was hoping he would sleep 6 hours last night because he really didn't sleep much during the day (at least it didnt seem like it) but he still woke up about every 3 hours--oh well I figure that is still not too bad, as I'm probably averaging about 6-7 hours of sleep a night which I consider very good with a newborn and what I've heard from other mothers. We are truely blessed with a pretty easy going baby.
About the 2nd week of Aiden's life he began having some gassiness problems causing him to become a bit fussy, but Nathen and I have learned that massaging his belly and rocking him seem to comfort and make him feel better, and Aiden has seemed to learn how to manage it a bit better too, going from screaming and crying about it up to a week ago to just grunting through it. Although there are still times when he'll cry and scream, but he's a baby so that is to be expected, at least we know the cause of his cries and know how to make him feel better. Other than that like I said he's pretty easy going, and enjoys going on outings to the grocery store, out to eat, ect. Below are a few pictures we hope you enjoy them.
Here's Aiden in his cradle that Grandpa Eckstein made for him. We were hoping he would be able to sleep in it for 3-4 months, but as you can see he's starting to already outgrow it. We are thankful to have such a great family heirloom, we are going to inscrib on the bottom of it Aiden's name and DOB along with other children (okay probably just child:)we have. And then be able to pass it down when our children have kids. Grandma Eckstein made curtains for Aiden's room, as we could not find any to match the valance. She did a great job on them, and we had fun picking out the fabric together. Aiden enjoys tummy time with daddy while he has a firm grip on daddy's shirt--Nathen's not going anywhere even if he had a choice:) Nathen and Aiden tell each other about there day. Its so cool to watch their interactions. Aiden is always so alert and appears very interested in what we are saying. I know he probably doesnt understand a word we say, but its neat to see how he responds to our voices. Aiden is sporting a onsie with his name on it that Nana Banker made for him before his arrival.
Next week Aiden will meet a little friend who is only 2 weeks older than him. I'm looking forward to lunch with someone I work with that had a little girl 2 weeks before Aiden. They also live in Wamego so we are hoping to get together once a week. Hopefully I'll get some pictures of the outing to share with you. And will have some pictures of this weekend, as we celebrate Mothers Day at my folks house.
Until next time Happy Mothers Day to all you mommies:)

No comments: