Monday, January 3, 2011

Today's Devotion





Giving Praise!

"Praise the LORD O my soul; all my inmost being, praise
his holy name. Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benifits-who
forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases~Psalm 103:1-3"

Okay I know I know it seems like I've been talking a lot about praising and worshiping
but that is what God has laid on my heart today. I'll start with a little story
about our morning....around 8:30 this morning both the boys wanted to watch the
DVD Nana got them from her VBS (Vacation Bible School) which had all the music
from VBS with lyrics and videos. Aiden woke up at 6:30 and already watched a
little bit of TV so I didnt want then to have any more screen time, but figured
this DVD viewing would benifit all of us; as we were dancing and singing to the
DVD I was almost in tears of joy hearing Aiden sing along and watching Evan
dance and play air guitar (yes he can do it pretty well) while I praised and
danced myself. Yes it is Monday and its hard to be joyful, and as I wrote last
night its okay to be uncomfortable---and let me tell you I was very
uncomfortable about 2 hours ago when I struggled to get the boys to take a
nap---and I leaned on God through KLOVE, and a car ride, and they both fell
asleep and are still napping!! A side note about being uncomfortable I really
believe that when we do rely on HIM during our challenging times we will be
blessed as I just was when my mother in law showed up to sit with the boys about
an hour ago so I could go for a run and continue to praise HIM while listening
to my upbeat Christian music. And you know what she was also blessed, being a
very busy, caring, loving person she seldom has time for herself and she read a
book my mom loaned me (that of course I have not even cracked open) and asked to
borrow it! So on this first Monday back to reality you may feel uncomfortable,
but I give you this challenge listen to a Christian song, read a chapter in the
Bible, and turn to HIM you will be blessed!

In God's
Love,
Sarah:)

No comments: