Monday, October 11, 2010

Thursday's Devotion

What are you thinking about?






Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth.~ Colossians 3:2, NLT



What are you all thinking about right now? I imagine that like me you are thinking about a big game between K-State and Nebraska and getting done with work to watch said game. Yes it is quite exciting and I'm not saying that all the crazy fans out there are bad people or anything, I know I get caught up in the spirit and excitement as well. But today I want to encourage you to also think about things of Heaven. Think about God's eternal love even when we are focused on earthly things like a football game, yep he loves us no matter what isnt that even more amazing, and exciting than a game?:). Think about the beautiful weather that God has given us today. Think about the wonderful home God is preparing for us in Heaven. But most importantly think of the love Jesus had for us to give his life for all of our sins. NO I don't think God thinks we are sinners if we watch and enjoy the game, but as we explored earlier this week he wants us to put Nothing above him which includes football. So enjoy the game but also think of the heavenly things that God has done and has waiting for us!



In God's Love,

Sarah:)

No comments: