Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Today's Devotion

God's Love




Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies. How priceless is your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings. For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light.~Psalm 36:5,7,9



First off if you have time to do so today please take a few minutes and read this chapter, it paints a beautiful picture of God's love for us. I could not just pick one verse! As I'm writing this today I can't help but think of a wonderful library book that Aiden checked out last week called Letters to God. Its a heartwarming story of a little boy who writes God letters to help him find a missing toy, and has he journeys to mail it notices other prayer requests so adds those to the letter finally noticing a rainbow and closes his letter thanking God for all the beautiful things he has made including the rainbow. This book is based on a true story of a little boy who lost his battle to cancer at the age of 10 and several years after his death his parents found many of his letters to God. Even though this little boy was very ill he still knew how much God loved him and eventhough his parents lost their only son they still know God loves them. No this young child did not question the existinance of God instead he relied on HIM for everything even his search for missing toys.



I think the infinity of God's love is difficult to understand for all of us, including our children. Last night while I was doing bedtime Aiden and I had a nice talk about everyone who loves him, he easily named off "mommy and daddy" but when I asked "you know who loves you more than anyone?" he was stumped...I attempted to explain God's love for each of us is stronger and bigger than anything, reaching passed all the clouds. I'm not sure if he got it or not, but if I continue to read bible stories to our boys with the truth of his love, and point out things that HE has done, such as rainbows, they will learn and experience how much God loves them. As adults we can be just as ignorant of God's love for us can't we? Yes we may say "God why me" or "God why did this happen" when really we should be thanking God always for giving his son's life for us. Yes often we experience more bumps in the road than we'd like to experience, and how can we focus on God's love when we are feeling defeated? Well I think when we surround ourselves with God's word, whether it by listening to Christian music, reading our Bible daily, or fellowship with other Christians, or better yet a combination of all of them, the bumps will soon be ironed out and we'll be able to better recognize God's love for us. So today let God's light provide you comfort and peace. As always if there are any prayer requests please let me know, I consider it a great privledge to pray for you.



And if I could ask for prayer, its really a minor one, but one I know that needs prayer. There is a Bible study beginning in September that I would really like to do, it works perfectly with my schedule, but I always feel guilty having something going on for me on my days off because I feel I should be spending time with my boys. So please pray that I'll make the right decision about this Bible study. Thanks:)



In God's Love,

Sarah

No comments: