Thursday, July 29, 2010

Yesterday's Devotion

Lord of ALL CREATION!



"O Lord, our Lord how majestic is your name in all the earth~Psalm 8:9"

I read this earlier this morning and I must say it motivated me to see all the goodness around us which is made by our all powerful God. Those who know me well know that I'm not a real earthy, tree hugging type of person but today I was more appreciative of the wonderful nature that God has made here on earth. For example the wonderful trees that provided great shade in the park which enhanced the gentle breeze on a hot july day. It was pretty warm but it amazed me how comfortable it was under the trees and with the breeze that God sent today. Another thing I'm appreciating more, probably because I have boys is animals. My boys had a wonderful time petting a dog and watching bullfrogs at the park. As we were walking home Aiden commented on the "forrest" (a very shady block of trees) and in that moment it came to me that God created everything just perfectly, the shady trees, the bullfrogs, dogs, light breeze in the air, sun, everything. With that thought I couldn't help but be happy for the wonderful day God had made today and appreciate everything he made. So today look outside your window, or better yet step out side and appreciate HIS Creation, I'm telling you if you are having a bad day it will turn it around and if you are blessed with having a great day it will only make it better. Our God is majestic and we need to appreciate everything in his creation and praise him for it.



Here is a song that came to mind while writing this.





All Creation by Mercy Me









Separated until the veil was torn

The moment that hope was born

and guilt was pardoned once and for all



Captivated but no longer bound by chains

left at an empty grave

the sinner and the sacred resolved



chorus:

and all of creation sing with me now

lift up your voice and lay your burden down

and all of creation sing with me now

fill up the heavens let His glory resound



Time has faded and we see Him face to face

every doubt erased forever we will worship the King



repeat chorus



ohh ah ohhh…ohh ah ohhh



the reason we breathe is to sing of His glory

and for all He has done



praise the Father praise the Son and the Spirit in one



repeat chorus 2x



and every knee will bow oh and every tongue



praise the Father praise the Son and the Spirit in one.





In God's Love,

Sarah

No comments: