Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A new year....

A new year is apon us and its hard to believe that our little guy will be 1 in just 3 months, where has the time gone??--everyone says that it goes by fast with a children but I have a new appreciation for that statement having our own. Anyways, the past few weeks have been a flurry of activity with celebrating 3 Christmas (one with my folks, Nathen folks, and of course one with just the 3 of us), celebrating the new year all of which spending lots of time with family that we dont see often enough. Aiden really enjoyed opening up gifts, and playing with his new toys (many of them making noise and driving mommy and daddy crazy, but Aiden likes them so thats what matters).
Aiden closed out the new year by perfecting his crawling--he's been getting around on his belly for awhile, and I'm convinced is somewhat of a perfectionist because he did not really start crawling until last week and at that time he was doing laps around the house--I'm not exagerating!!! I was beginning to worry about when he would crawl, and now am glad he is but also thinking I should have appreciated the non-mobile Aiden while I had him!!!
We hope everyone had a nice Holiday and enjoyed their time with family as much as we did. Here are a few pictures.

Aiden opens his first Christmas present, a toy skidloader, that Daddy got for him at his company Christmas Party. We celebrated Christmas on the 22nd because Aiden began opening this present!!! Originally we were going to open our gifts on Christmas day, but who can deny a cute 8 month old??:)

Nathen got me a spa package to include a massage, manicure, pedicure, and haircut and style--I cant wait to cash it in. I'm really in need of all of it, what a great gift to get from my hubby!:)

Nathen finally get to view 300! This was a movie that came out while I was pregnant and although I continued to encourage the idea of going we never got around to it. According to Nathen it was worth the wait, he really enjoyed watching it (I think he's viewed it 3 times already), I have not and dont really want to I've heard its pretty violent.

Christmas at my folks house, this was the first time that all the grandchildren had been together. Cousin Elizabeth is 3 months, Cousin Susanna 18 months, Cousin Hannah 34 months, and Aiden at 8 months. We all had so much fun watching all of the cousins play and interact with one another.
Christmas with Nathen's family at our house, this was the first Holiday dinner we have ever hosted, and it went off without a hitch. Aiden really enjoyed playing with his cousin Ian age 5 (Nathen's brother's son). Ian was throwing soft blocks off his head which Aiden found really funny. Everyone including me was in tears from laughing so hard at Aiden's laugh--I'd never heard him laugh so hard, I tried doing the same thing with the blocks but he didnt find it as amuzing as when his cousin did it

No comments: